Life Skills Coach Training for Professionals is a 120 Hour Certificate Program
By Certified Trainer of Life Skills Coaches: Lois F. Pinsent
Students are required to complete this 120 hours of experiential training by completing the following:
1. Interview with Trainer to determine suitability of the program to meet the applicants work and personal needs.
(a) one year of practical experience in a helping profession ie: counseling, child and youth care, addictions, human resources or (b) Equivalent combination of education, experience and a desire to work in the helping professions
2. 120 hours of training and course work in combination with the above suitability based on the interview unless cleared by the Trainer where special conditions may apply.
3. Successful delivery of a specified lesson, to be determined during the training program.
4. Exhibiting the skills learned throughout the program and during the delivery of the Life Skills Lesson assigned.
5. Successful completion of a report, based on skill usage within 6 months of completion of the actual training program (Practical practicum based on the job or personal experience)
6. Students will receive an Interim Coaching Certificate at the end of the 120 hours of training. Upon completion of the final report, students will receive a Permanent Life Skills Coaching Certificate.
Life Skills is a course in applied problem solving behaviours appropriately and responsibly used in the management of one’s personal affairs. These personal affairs encompass:
1. Self 2. Family 3. Job 4. Education 5. Community 6. Leisure
Students will work with skills to be used in each of these areas. This is an experiential training program. The skills learned will make a difference to you personally and to individuals you work with throughout your lifetime.
The skills will assist you to: • Improve your counseling and communication skills • Learn group facilitation training an coaching skills • Work with a complete set of skills all based on experiential learning vs. cognitive learning skills.
Upon completion of the program students will have knowledge of the tools , techniques and the basic skills necessary to deliver Life Skills Programs, workshops and one on one learning sessions with students. They will have a strong knowledge of the skills necessary for students to succeed in six areas of their lives.
1. Self 2. Family 3. Job 4. Education 5. Community
NOTE: This program is recognized throughout Canada, and is based on the Saskatchewan New Start Model of Training.
Program Requirements: IMPORTANT please read
Beforeyour sign up for this program and purchase this course, please note that we are required to check out the eligibility of course participants.
This process consists out of 3 steps:
Filling out the application form (below)
Provide resume (you will send by email)
Personal Interview by phone, or Skype (I will get in touch with you to arrange a date time)